- Stronger Communities
- Economic Growth
** PLEASE NOTE: YOU ARE VISITING AN ARCHIVED WEBPAGE.**
This webpage is an archived image of the Office of the Public Advocate's website as of December 31, 2013. These materials are made available as historical archival information only. The Office of the Public Advocate cautions that the information has not been reviewed subsequently for current accuracy and completeness, nor has the information been updated. The information contained on this page may have been superseded by subsequent events and the passage of time.
APPLYING FOR DISASTER ASSISTANCE:
- Scroll down to download and read Public Advocate Bill de Blasio's guides to assist small business owners and community residents impacted by Hurricane Sandy.
- In order to be eligible for disaster assistance from FEMA, you need to first complete an application form. This will take approximately 20 minutes and should be done immediately. There are 3 ways to register with FEMA:
1) Apply online at FEMA’s website: www.DisasterAssistance.gov,
2) Use a smartphone and visit FEMA’s mobile website at m.fema.gov
3) Call 1-800-621-FEMA (3362) Monday through Sunday between the hours of 7am and 10pm.
- Path to Recovery - Guide for Small Businesses (.pdf)
- Path to Recovery - Guide for Community Residents (.pdf)
- Getting Help with Lost Income Due to Hurricane Sandy - English (.pdf)
- Getting Help with Lost Income Due to Hurricane Sandy - Spanish (.pdf)
- Storm Tips (.pdf)